GIAMPIERO LOCATELLI Trio
Giampierro Locatelli: piano, composities
Andy Declerck: tenor sax
Wim Ramon: contrabas
Giampiero Locatelli was born in Reggio Calabria in 1976. He teaches in the courses of DIDATTICA DELLA MUSICA and JAZZ at the "F. Cilea" Music Conservatory of Reggio Calabria. His artistic production, initially directed to became concert player, since 2002 has been directed to compositional and improvisational activity. His artistic direction is marked by the two sides, that is, the compositional, an European trade mark and improvisational style that encloses different cultures (not necessarily a jazz matrix), yet maintaining an easily recognizable stylistic unit.
In 1998 he released a CD entitled "1939/1945 Music of War Time" with the Phoenix Classics record company of Montebelluna (TV), containing, among other tracks, the Sonata 1942 and the Canti di Ricordanza by the composer Ildebrando Pizzetti . He has participated in numerous national and international festivals, both as a soloist and composer (Verdi Sala di Milano, Palazzo Barberini, Sofia's Sala Sofia, as Organist and others)
In 2004 he participated in Umbria jazz and Siena jazz courses by obtaining (in both seminars) scholarships for the Berklee College of Music in Boston and for the seminars of the IASJ conducted by tenor-saxophonist Dave Liebman in Krakow in July of 2005.
Since 2003, in jazz music, there are numerous collaborations with renowned musicians such as Dario Deidda, Pietro Iodice, Gabriele Evangelista; Stefano Dalla Porta, Andrea Grillini, Enrico Morello, Luigi Masciari, Luis Ribeiro, Claudio Fasoli, Mario Raja, Alessandro Presti, Ermanno Baron, Andrea Di Biase, Ermanno Caroselli, Andrea Veneziani, Aldo Vigorito, Shawnn Monteiro, Samyr Guarrera and others, taking part in important international festivals.
Between December 2010 and February 2013 he has made numerous performances of his theatrical piece "Material Exercises" by Domenico Loddo, during important concerts including the Roccella Jazz International Festival (August 2012)
He has taken part in the first performances of the first prizes of the 2009 and 2010 editions of the International Piano solo Composition Competition, commissioned by the Continuum Musicum Cultural Association, performing at first the compositions of Night Light by composer Stefan Lienenkamper and Sonata I by composer Claus Kuhnl. For this latter performance he has been awarded the recognition of the performance within the volume of the 10 sonatas published by the same composer.
• Next trio record release with bass player Gabriele Evangelista and drummer Enrico Morello
• Along with guitarist Luigi Masciari and drummer Pietro Iodice is a member of the MJL3io, jazz-rock bassless trio.
• Project on Piano solo "Gershwin leeward"
• Trio project with double bass player Stefano Dalla Porta and drummer Andrea Grillini
SELECTION OF SOME WORKS
• Suite per pianoforte (1993)
• Sonatine per pianoforte (1994)
• Castrovalva per flauto solo (2001/2002; rev. 2010)
• My Wheel per soprano, clarinetto, tromba, violino, violoncello, pianoforte e percussioni su testo di Emily Dickinson (2008)
• My Wheel (trascrizione e revisione per canto e pianoforte) (2009)
• Ergo per due chitarre (2009)
• Esercizi Materiali, azione teatrale per voce recitante, sax soprano, contralto e tenore, pianoforte, percussioni, chitarra, vibrafono e drums set (2009)
• ...all'alba gelata..., per pianoforte (2011)